Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Farm Girl

One of my favorite movies is City Slickers, especially the character, Curly, played by Jack Palance. The inspiration for this photo is from the story he spoke about, about the beautiful redhead he saw working in the field as he was passing by. The quote goes:
“I was driving a herd across the panhandle. Texas. Passed near this little dirt farm right about sundown. Out in the field was this young woman, working down in the dirt. Just about then she stood up to stretch her back. She was wearing a little cotton dress, and the settin’ sun was right behind her, showing the shape that God had give her.”
I pictured a young adult woman, maybe 18 or 19, raised on a farm, wearing no makeup and still wearing dresses and pigtails. Someone asked about my beautiful Annie's eyes, and why I post so many photos covering them. I am not sure why I do this, but in this pic her eyes are very expressive. No makeup, no fancy eyelashes. Just an adorable and very simple redheaded farm girl that any cowboy would love to hold in his arms at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment